Forms are Due Now!
If who have NOT submitted any one of the forms, please complete and submit them ASAP!
- Required for All SLHS Students
- So that your child can use the technology resources we have for instruction
- Complete and Submit online
- Emergency Care Form: PDF Fillable Form
- Fill out/Print/Sign and
- Send 1 copy to the School (Required for ALL SLHS Students)
- Scan/Email 1 copy to firstname.lastname@example.org (Required for ALL Chorus Students for Chorus Dept. Use)
- Fill out/Print/Sign and
- Consent to Share/Free-Reduced Lunch Application:
- For students receiving Free/Reduced Fee Lunch
- Fill out/Print/Sign and Send it to the School
- Opt-Out Form: The 2020-2021 Annual Notice of Survey, Records, Curriculum, Privacy, and Related Rights and Opt-Out Forms
- This will be important to our virtual performances since they will be shared on the web
- All SLHS students & their parents/guardians should review the Information Booklet
- Scroll down to the 9-12 Forms The information booklet and Opt-Out Forms are available in 8 different languages.
- Read the booklet.
- If you object to your child’s participation in any or all of the activities listed, then Complete/Print/Sign and Return the appropriate Opt-Out Form(s) to the School.
- For all SLHS forms and further details: https://southlakeshs.fcps.edu/opening-packet
Virtual Song-Writing Workshop for HS Students
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) and the Oakton Chorus Boosters are co-sponsoring a virtual Song Writing Workshop for high school students with experts Jeremy Ragsdale & Harrison de Wolfe.
- Visit: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/calendar/songwriting-production-workshop/ for details regarding what this event will offer and
- Register for this amazing enrichment opportunity!
There is a cap of 200 students for this workshop and we are advertising it across 4 counties! So, Do NOT DELAY securing your spot!
First Ever FCPS Virtual Choir!
Be a part of this amazing county wide project for all MS and HS students across the county!
To participate, complete the interest forms below by NO LATER THAN Thursday, Oct 22:
- Interest Form Part 1: https://forms.gle/BgpKWoGE9s3Cedud6
- Part 2: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/other-opportunities/activity-registration/
The Cost for each student is $18. However, scholarships are available for any student in need. Therefore, just let Mrs. Gigliotti know of your needs, and she will take care of you.
Senior Honors Choir Info + AUDITION UPDATE
We have updated information about Audition. Thus, please review the section carefully in Senior Honors Choir information so you won’t miss any important info!
Virtual Broadway Night: Screen & Stage
Thank you to those students who submitted their audition videos by the deadline! The creative team is reviewing their submissions and working on casting the show, and the outcome will be announced at the HS BWN reveal meeting (date & time TBD.)
In the meantime,
- REGISTER NOW! Complete the registration process now or no later than Saturday, 10/31 by clicking here which includes signing the performer and parent contract, registration details and payment / request for financial aid.
- Watch out for communications regarding the required virtual rehearsal schedule which will begin in November!
BWN Student Director Application:
Any student can apply, and you do not need to be in the show to be a director.
So, if you are interested, fill out BWN Leadership Application Form ASAP – by Tuesday, Oct 20th at the latest. And PLEASE DO NOT WAIT!
Parent Volunteers Needed:
Please Email us at email@example.com by Saturday, 10/31 with where you are best able to assist!
- Assist with corporate ad sales / ad content
- Sell/coordinate parent shout-outs / Performer One-liner ad sales
- Lead/assist pre-show concession sales and pick-up
- Assist Candy-gram chairs for production and distribution
- Restaurant night fundraisers and other fundraising ideas
Tickets and Publicity:
- Ticket sales and management
- Publicity of show
- Assistance with props/backdrop purchase
- Shirt order coordination
- Shirt/Prop/backdrop pick up and distribution (ES/MS/HS)
Digital program and credit content:
- Virtual program/credit content listing: prep for production and proofing
- Digital pdf program content production
- For the high level BWN schedule, go to Broadway Night Info Link
- With any creative/production questions, email Rita Gigliotti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- And for all other inquiries, contact your parent Co-Chairs at email@example.com
PCA Membership & Fundraising Campaign 2020-2021
Please consider investing in the unique and valuable programs and opportunities the SLHS Chorus could offer to your students, as they would reap the benefits for years to come!
PCA Membership: For parents and guardians of current Chorus students
Join PCA today if you have not yet done so!
Friends & Family Membership: Students will send out letters to their friends and families, asking for their support for the SLHS Choral program and share the link:
Corporate Sponsorship: Contact Eric Johnson at Membership@SouthLakesChorus.org, if you know of any businesses that may be interested in being a PCA corporate sponsorship:
- local restaurants, retailers, or service providers
- Your employer
- Your own business
More Ways to Support the Choral Program
- Lead this year’s Friends & Family letter writing campaign (Oct/Nov)
- Volunteer to assist with monitoring and managing collections & reports
- Sell Corporate Sponsorships: Work with the team lead by Eric Johnson to help reach out to businesses for Corporate Sponsorship sales
- Become our Social Media Chair to continue spreading the amazing music & keep our community updated
In addition, monthly meetings of the PCA are open to any Choral parents or guardians, and they meet the second Thursday of every month at 7:00pm via Zoom. Please contact Susan Sather at President@SouthLakesChorus.org for the meeting link.
Parents: Please Join “Remind”
Remind is a Free text-based service that provides reminders to upcoming assignments and events.
To subscribe, text @weluvmuzik to the number 81010 as shown below:
Recording & Slide Show of Back to Chorus Night
Virtual HS Bell Schedule
|Morning||* Intervention/Enrichment: Select students scheduled for synchronous instruction based on need
* Independent Work: Tasks assigned by classroom teachers
|Afternoon||* Student Independent Work
* Teacher planning and professional development
|TIME||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Wednesdays & Fridays|
|8:10-9:30||Period 1 (Bella Voce)||Period 2 (Select Treble)|
|9:45-11:05||Period 3 (Seahawk Chorale)||Period 4|
|12:00-1:20||Period 5||Period 6|
|1:35-2:55||Period 7 (Chamber Singers)||Period 8 (Seahawk Camerata)|
D.C. al Fine CHORAL CONDUCTING WORKSHOPS
This year, D.C. al Fine is offering conducting workshops for different experience levels ONLINE.
Upcoming Workshops on Thursday, Oct 22
- Conducting Foundations: Practice essential skills in score study, cues & cut-offs, body mapping, and more.
- Conducting Techniques: Feedback and instruction for experienced conductors – come with your own music to work on!
Classes are kept small so you can get plenty of personal attention!
That’s why you should REGISTER TODAY before you lose your seat! – DC al Fine Conducting Workshops
All Required Forms are Due NOW! Please see above for details.
|Mon, 11/16 – Sat, 11/21||BWN Rehearsals
(communicated via text messages)
|Fri, 11/20||7:30 pm (Zoom)||Family Fun/Game Night (via Zoom)
Registration Info: see Virtual Trivia Nights link above
|Sat, 11/21||1:00 – 2:30 pm||Chorus Swag Bags Pick-up Day|
|Mon, 11/23 -||BWN Rehearsals (communicated via text messages)|
|Wed, 11/25 – Fri, 11/27||Thanksgiving Holiday: No School|
|Wed, 12/16||7:00 pm||First Virtual Concert|
|Fri, 12/18||7:30 pm (Zoom)||Family Fun/Game Night (via Zoom)
Registration Info: see Virtual Trivia Nights link above
SLHS Choral Director
Rita Gigliotti, RAGigliotti@fcps.edu
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA)
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
2020-21 PCA Board Members:
|Vice President||Eric Johnsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Ray van Hilstemail@example.com
|Member at Large||Amy Guerberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member at Large||Stephanie Handoemail@example.com|
|Webmaster||Ray van Hilstfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Broadway Night||Juliana Carteremail@example.com|
|Broadway Night||Amy Guerberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Admin Assistant||Mitsuyo Spragueemail@example.com