Broadway Night 2022
February 4 & 5
South Lakes High School Chorus and Parents for the Choral Arts (PCA) are excited to announce the 2021-22 edition of Broadway Night. This year is the 17th anniversary of Broadway Night, and we plan to return to the stage!! This year's theme is Jukebox Musical!
Broadway Night Registration is now Closed.
South Lakes High School Chorus and Parents for the Choral Arts (PCA) are excited to announce the 2021-22 edition of Broadway Night. This year is the 17th anniversary of Broadway Night and we plan to return to the stage!! This year's theme is Jukebox Musical!
Broadway Night is a musical theatre intensive designed to give our chorus and performing arts students an opportunity to perform in a Broadway themed musical revue. The experience includes working with professional choreographers and directors. This year, we plan to rehearse and produce the show in person again and performers will have sessions with directors and choreographers. Performers must have the discipline to rehearse, come to rehearsal prepared, and work respectfully!
We are excited to offer the opportunity to make music and work together to create a unique, one-of-a-kind performance with students in 5th through 12th grade from our South Lakes HS pyramid schools.
Bookmark this page, it will serve as our "central hub" for Broadway Night and will be updated frequently.
We are pleased to invite 5th through 8th grade students from our South Lakes High School pyramid to participate in this year's Broadway Night. Registration is now active, so please make sure to register.
It is important that performers are dedicated to rehearsing and coming to rehearsals prepared! There will be limited tolerance for disruptive behavior.
Dates & High Level Schedule
Below is the current timeline. Some dates may be subject to changes, as this is the first of it's kind, and we will all be learning together!
High School Timeline:
- For those cast in the show, Registration will be due no later than Friday, November 19th!
- No Refunds after 11/30/2021
- Rehearsals begin during December
- Exact rehearsal and filming schedules will be released soon
Elementary / Middle School Timeline:
- Registration and payment will be due no later than Wednesday, December 15th!
- Rehearsals begin during January.
- Elementary school rehearsals will be held on Thursdays and Saturdays in January. Rehearsals will begin Thursday January 6th.
- Middle school rehearsals will be held Tuesdays after school and on Saturdays in January. Rehearsals will begin Tuesday January 4th.
- Attendance is expected after the first two weeks on Mondays-Saturday as called.
Final Production Dates:
- Finale and final rehearsals and production in January
- Tech week for all performers is Sunday, January 30th 2022 through Thursday February 3rd 2022. Expect nightly rehearsals that week.
SHOW DATE: February 4th and 5th 2022.
Broadway Night Registration
Scroll to the top of this page to submit your contract and registration.
Broadway Night Fees
Broadway Night is a one of our biggest events and student participation fees will help cover costs including:
- Music and performance rights
- Professional musicians for our combo accompanying the performers
- Professional directors who receive a small stipend for their time
- Staging and set decorations
- Production and tech crews including sound and lighting design
- Marketing and promotion
- T-Shirts for all cast members
Fees for Broadway Night 2021-22 will be $75 for student performers. Fees may be paid online via the registration form. If necessary, checks may be sent in but this is not preferable (see registration form for details). Financial assistance is available and may be requested via the registration form. A short explanation for why financial assistance is being requested is required.
Broadway Night needs your support to be a success. We ask each parent to:
- Support the directors and other professionals by ensuring your student commits to the rehearsal and performance hours.
- Support the program by making sure their performers are respectful and cooperate with the entire team!
- Volunteer for at least one full show and on one committee to help with different aspects of production such as: corporate sponsorships, parent shout-out ads, ticket sales, ushers and other needs TBD.
- Provide donations of snacks and drinks for rehearsals and performances
SignUp Genius links will be sent out for you to volunteer for the above. If you are
interested in helping to play a volunteer leadership role, please
email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Broadway Night Registration
Registration is due by no later than end of day Friday, November 19!
Pyramid registration is due by no later than end of day Wednesday, December 15th!
Show your support for Broadway Night and your performer by advertising in our virtual production!