Senior students will receive an email with details soon.
- The audition fee will be $13: Please pay using Activity Registration Form on the South Lakes Chorus website
- The audition submission window is Sun, 11/1 to Mon, 11/30.
- Tutorial videos on how to complete the registration and audition process will be available on the VMEA Senior Honors Choir website on or before October 26.
- Students will record a live video audition for the song, “I Attempt from Love’s Sickness” and will complete one sight-reading example chosen from several at random as well.
- Students will have the ability to practice the video recording and submission process before they record their final take that is used for their audition.
- Sheet music and accompaniment tracks for “I Attempt from Love’s Sickness” along with Sight-Reading examples from previous years can be found on the VMEA Senior Honor Choir website.
- Soprano and Tenors will sight-read in the keys of Eb, F, or G major.
- Altos and Basses will sight-read in the keys of A, Bb, or D major.
- The vocal range for the sight-reading is from “Ti” (below) to “La” (above) the starting tonic pitch.
Honors Choir Workshop
- Students who are selected for the Honors Choir will participate in a virtual workshop/rehearsal during the month of January:
- A full-group meeting with our guest conductor, Dr. Chris Aspaas
- Virtual sectionals led by some of our fantastic VA choral directors
- Additionally, a collegiate roundtable discussion with current music majors from across the commonwealth
Recording & Submission of Performance Pieces
- Students will receive specifics as to how these recordings should look like, should be prepared and submitted
- They will record two songs for the event
- And their recordings are due by a deadline (late January TBD)
“Production” & “Premiere” of the Performance
- Editing and engineering of performance pieces will take place during February
- Finally, an online premiere of the Honors Choir Performance is planned for March, during “Music in our Schools” Month
Also, Honors Choir members will receive t-shirts, certificates, and medals as they normally would.
Please reach out to Mrs. Gigliotti at RAGigliotti@fcps.edu with any questions and/or concerns.