2020 YoungArts Competition
The National YoungArts Foundation (YoungArts) is accepting applications for the 2020 YoungArts competition through 10/11/2019 at youngarts.org/apply.
About 700 of the country’s most accomplished 15- to 18-year-old artists will be selected through a blind adjudication process and provided with funding, mentorship, and creative and professional development opportunities throughout their careers.
YoungArts award winners are eligible for the following:
- Participation in National YoungArts Week, an all-expenses-paid week of public performances, readings, exhibitions and screenings, as well as master classes and workshops with leading artists such as
- Debbie Allen
- Mikhail Baryshnikov
- Frank Gehry
- Wynton Marsalis
- José Parlá
- Salman Rushdie
- Jeanine Tesori
- Mickalene Thomas
- Cash awards of up to $10,000
- Nomination to become a U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts, which is one of the highest honors awarded to high school seniors in the United States
- Participation in YoungArts’ annual regional programs in Miami, Los Angeles and New York
- Artist Residencies at the YoungArts Campus and partner institutions
- Professional development opportunities, microgrants, awards and fellowships
- Access to YoungArts Post: a free, private, online platform that helps award winners create, connect and collaborate
In addition, YoungArts winners will join a professional network of more than 20,000 alumni artist. Distinguished alumni include:
- Daniel Arsham
- Terence Blanchard
- Camille A. Brown
- Viola Davis,
- Allegra Goodman
- Josh Groban
- Judith Hill
- Tarell Alvin McCraney
- Andrew Rannells
- Desmond Richardson
- Hunter Schafer
Eligibility and Award Information
- be ages 15–18 or in high school grades 10–12 (as of December 1, 2019)
- be either a United States citizen or a permanent resident AND
- demonstrate excellence in Classical Music, Dance, Design Arts, Film, Jazz, Photography, Theater, Visual Arts, Voice or Writing.
The application deadline is 10/11/2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For inquiries please call (305) 377-1140 or email email@example.com.
[…] For eligibility and other info can be found here: 2020 YoungArts Competition […]