Broadway Night 2013
Broadway Night auditions for high school students have been scheduled!
Date: Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Time: 10 AM – 6 PM
Location: Chorus Room
- You must sign up for a time on this date if you are interested in auditioning for this year’s Broadway Night Show.
- Arrange to carpool now.
- ONLY IF you have a major conflict with the original date (i.e. out of town), sign up under the Alternate Auditions Time: Alternate date is Wednesday, November 7 – 2:30-4:30PM.
- Prepare & Perform 32 bars of a Broadway song that best showcases your vocal range & style.
- Music must be memorized.
- Warm up prior to your audition.
- Be on time for your audition (10 minutes early)
- Bring piano sheet music or a recorded accompaniment (no vocals or demo on the recording)
Use iTunes to purchase/download a background karaoke track.
Keywords: name of song + karaoke
Online sheet music vendors:
Sheet Music Direct:
Free Sheet Music
You can also visit Foxes Music in Falls Church or Reston Music Center in person.
Here is a snapshot of what rehearsal will look like for this year’s show. Please note that rehearsals will be tweaked to be as efficient as possible for students once all music assignments have been made and schedule requests have been submitted.
Mrs. Gigliotti will do her best to accommodate special scheduling requests and work with students to balance the show and other obligations, but it is also up to the student performers to plan around rehearsal times and find compromise in all areas of their lives.
The show really gets put together in 2 weeks after winter break (January). It is intense but fun and always a huge success due to the hard work of the students and director.
Information on the rehearsal schedule can be found here:
If selected to perform in this year’s show, you are expected to:
- You may be absent from a maximum of 2 rehearsals prior to tech week. In order to be excused from the rehearsal, you must communicate with Mrs. Gigliotti at least 3 days prior to the absence. If you are sick, then an email, text or phone call should occur immediately.
- If you are tardy more than 2 times (15 + late ) you will be dismissed from the show.
- Students who are MIA without any direct notification to Mrs. G (not another student) will be removed from the cast and/or replaced.
- You must learn to take responsibility for yourself and your commitments.
Once you receive your assigned piece – take time to PRACTICE it. If you are not well rehearsed, you risk being removed from the program or replaced.
YOU are responsible for your own props, costumes, and make-up; however, student leaders/directors will do their best to help you find what you need. If you borrow a costume you are responsible for its care.
BE RESPECTFUL & COURTEOUS of your fellow cast members, Mrs. Gigliotti, the production team, choreographer and your student directors and student choreographers, they will put a lot of time and energy into this show and deserve your respect.
All BWN participants will pay a $25 fee which will include your t-shirt and meals for the Saturday rehearsals and Tech & Dress nights.