Welcome to the SLHS Chorus 2020-2021!
From the Choral Director, Mrs. Gigliotti:
I am excited about the music I have planned for us and the many aspects of choral music, music theory, and vocal development that we will be exploring:
- FCPS curriculum has been developed around virtual performance platforms, reading and learning new things to get ready for an enriching year of music with you!
- I will discuss, in more detail, what the program will offer you this year at our Back to Chorus Night on September 16th at 7:00 PM.
From the Parents for Choral Arts President, Susan Sather:
The Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) has been working throughout the summer to support Mrs. Gigliotti in her plans for a rewarding and enjoyable chorus experience for all of our choral students. In addition, PCA will support the SLHS Choral Programs throughout the year:
- The PCA meets the second Thursday of every month at a 7:00pm Zoom meeting, which is open to any choral parent or student guardian. (Please email me at President@SouthLakesChorus.org for the meeting link.)
- Our budget this year will dip into the reserves we built up, so we can support all of the music and emotional well-being initiatives available for our students.
- Please note: The draft budget will be posted on the webpage this week, and it will be presented and voted on at Back to Chorus (BTC) night.
- Returning Choral Parents are here to offer support and guidance to any parents looking for more information or connections during this untraditional year.
- We need a parent representative from each choral Ensemble, as well as a Membership Chair, to attend our monthly zoom meetings.
Please feel free to reach out to me at President@SouthLakesChorus.org with any questions or comments.
The PCA Board for this year is:
- President: Susan Sather
- Vice President: Eric Johnson
- Treasurer: Ray van Hilst
- Secretary: Heather Smith
- At-Large Members: Amy Guerber & Stephanie Hando
- Broadway Night: Juliana Carter & Amy Guerber
- Membership: Vacant
Back to Chorus Night (Virtual) – Wed, 9/16 at 7 pm
Please keep the night open to hear Mrs. Gigliotti discuss in detail what program will offer for your students this year. Stay tuned for more information!
Family Fun Fridays! – $25 per family (any size team may play)
Join Chorus Family Fun, our private professionally hosted, customized game night, on the third Friday evening of every month:
- to socialize with other chorus families and
- to help raise money to support our program
The games are played over Zoom and are a great way to spend an hour together at home, while laughing and bonding over fun games and trivia.
Virtual HS Schedule
|Morning||* Intervention/Enrichment: Select students scheduled for synchronous instruction based on need
* Independent Work: Tasks assigned by classroom teachers
|Afternoon||* Student Independent Work
* Teacher planning and professional development
|TIME||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Wednesdays & Fridays|
|8:10-9:30||Period 1 (Bella Voce)||Period 2 (Select Treble)|
|9:45-11:05||Period 3 (Seahawk Chorale)||Period 4|
|12:00-1:20||Period 5||Period 6|
|1:35-2:55||Period 7 (Chamber Singers)||Period 8 (Seahawk Camerata)|
D.C. al Fine Choral Conducting Workshops
D.C. al Fine is doing things differently this year! They are offering conducting workshops for different experience levels ONLINE.
Workshops include master classes with conductors you will love to work with, including:
- Edith Copley
- Hilary Apfelstadt
- John Irving
- McKenna Senson
- Bill Podolski
- And more TBA
For more information, please visit: https://www.dcalfine.com/details-and-tuition.html
- Tue, 9/8 – First Day of School for: Bella Voce, Seahawk Chorale, Chamber Singers
- Wed, 9/9 – First Day of School for: Select Treble, Seahawk Camerata
- Wed, 9/16 at 7 pm: Virtual Back to Chorus Night (Details coming soon)
SLHS Chorus Department
Choral Director: Rita Gigliotti, RAGigliotti@fcps.edu
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA)
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
- PCA Online Membership Form: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/joinpca
- Friends and Family Online Membership Form: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/friends
2020-2021 PCA Board Members
|Vice President||Eric Johnsonemail@example.com|
|Treasurer||Ray van Hilstfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Member at Large||Amy Guerberemail@example.com|
|Member at Large||Stephanie Handofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Webmaster||Ray van Hilstemail@example.com|
|Broadway Night||Juliana Carterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Broadway Night||Amy Guerberemail@example.com|
|Admin Assistant||Mitsuyo Spraguefirstname.lastname@example.org