Broadway Night Needs Your Support Now – Spread the Word!
Chorus Runs the Diner 2019 (sponsored by PCA)
Tomorrow, Tuesday, 1/22, 5-9 pm – Silver Diner in Reston
Please come out and support Chorus and Broadway Night!
Silver Diner Reston: 11951 Killingsworth Ave., Reston, VA 20194
High School Students – please sign up to volunteer for a 30 min shift as a host: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C48AAAC2FA20-runthe
Advanced Tickets Now on Sale – Get them before all gone!
Buy tickets online at https://www.southlakeschorus.org/tickets/ now and save money too!
Online Advanced Order (Jan 14 through 10 pm on Thursday, 1/31)
- Adults: $15/person
- Students and Seniors: $13/person
The Price Goes Up at the Door:
- Adults: $18/person
- Students and Seniors: $15/person
Show Your Support with One-Liners & Ads!
Purchase BWN Shout-outs one-liner for your performer that will be printed in the BWN program. Deadline is January 22nd so do it today!
Do you know of a business that may be interested in supporting Broadway Night with a program ad? Or would you be interested in supporting your performer with ¼-page Ad?
Learn more about BWN ads here: BWN Program-ads Deadlines has been extended to no later than Tuesday 1/22 for paid ad and content.
Scrip Fundraising for Spring Trip
Start fundraising with Scrip for the NY trip!
To register, go to:
- ShopWithScrip and select Join a Program
- Enter Enrollment Code: 626LL83617977
Enter the student’s name for whom you’re fundraising in Step 3.
Enroll in online payments (PrestoPay) before placing your order.
For detailed information about the ordering process, go to: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/scrip.
The next order for physical gift cards and check orders will be placed at noon on 1/25. It is also the earnings cutoff for the NY trip. Subsequent earnings will go towards future trips.
NYC Spring Trip for Advanced Choirs
The 2nd Payment was due this past Friday, 1/11.
- The second payment for students ($300)
- For chaperones ($300 or $327 for single occupancy)
If you have not done so, we need your payment ASAP. Please pay via My School Bucks (preferred method) or send in a check to Mrs. Gigliotti/Mrs. McCormick with “chorus spring trip” on the memo line.
A-La-Carte Options for family members (non-chaperones) of students
The Travel agency for the NYC Spring Chorus Trip has provided a-la-carte prices if you are interested in joining the group. Please contact the travel agency directly to purchase any of the following items for family members who are not chaperoning but would like to join in any of these parts of the trip:
a-la-carte price Cost Deadline Bus (limit 10 spots) USD $140.00 per person (includes gratuity and taxes) No Deadline Hotel Room USD $160.00 per night - (rooms can have 2 double beds or 1 king size bed) February 1, 2019 Broadway ticket for Anastasia No Longer Available ACA Party: Dinner & Show USD $50.00 per person (with all tax and gratuity) TBA - please contact Lauren for the deadline Carnegie Hall Tickets USD $96.00 per person (with service fee) OR USD $87.00 per person (if we order 10 or more tickets) February 1, 2019 Lincoln Center Tour USD $20.00 per person February 1, 2019 One World Observatory USD $30.00 per person February 1, 2019 Meals TBA once we confirm scheduling with Choirs of America Please contact Lauren for the deadline
Lauren Campolongo, Travel Consultant
- Classic Travel and Tours/Artistic Ambassadors
- 795 Pine Valley Drive; Suite 16, Pittsburgh, PA 15239
- Phone: 724-733-8747 or 800-411-8747
- Fax: 724-327-8329
- Email: LCampolongo@TRIPSandCRUISES.com
- Website: www.TRIPSandCRUISES.com
Broadway Night 2019 – Feb 1st & 2nd
SCHEDULING & COSTUMES:
- Please make sure to check the Rehearsal Schedule, which is also posted on Remind! Some HS students didn’t realize that there were changes this week, so please review it!
- COSTUMES –See the current costume document with the latest information regarding costumes.
- Absence Form: Please continue to use the Absence Form, and remember unless a performer is ill, we need everyone to commit to rehearsal times especially once tech week starts on Friday, January 25th.
TICKETS & FUNDRAISING:
- Restaurant Night at Silver Diner is tomorrow, Tuesday, 1/22 from 5-9pm! Come out and support the show! Share it with others! Flyer here!
- Buy your Tickets to the Show – Buy your tickets now! Certain shows could sell out, so don’t wait! Check in with your friends, family and neighbors now!
- Performer Ads/Shout-Out One-Liners: Tomorrow, 1/22 is the last day to buy program ads or shout out one-liners for your performers! Click and purchase at the bottom of the BWN page on the website!
- Business Ads: Do you own a local business? Work for a company that would be willing to support BWN? Ads are due by tomorrow!
- BWN Text Alerts! Please sign up for Remind, to receive BWN text reminders and updates. A snapshot of the schedule for the day will be posted everyday there is rehearsal!
- NOTE: For Verizon Wireless customers: As of 1/28, if you do not have the Remind application downloaded on your phone, the text alert function will no longer work. Make sure to download the app and ensure the push notification is set! Join @bwnrocks.
- Managing weather! ‘Tis the season of the polar vortex so in the case that FCPS closes, we have secured possible alternative rehearsal spaces if the roads are safe for travel. In the case of inclement weather & school closings, the current backup date for the show is Sunday, February 3rd Time TBD.
- Questions? Email email@example.com
The Alexandria Harmonizers Youth Harmony Festival 2019
Friday, April 5, 2019 – 8:30 am to 8:30 pm in Alexandria
This all-day a cappella music workshop/show is open to any middle and high school students in the DC Metro Area. Expert teachers and practitioners will teach them to sing and perform in four-part a cappella harmony. The structure is set up for anyone to have a singing experience for the day with a cappella music.
All Chorus students, whether they belong to an A Cappella group or not, are encouraged to participate. Either Mrs. G and/or Mrs. McCormick will attend with them, and we can organize school bus transportation. Also, April 5th is a teacher workday, so you won’t be missing class.
Talk to each other! Encourage/motivate each other! And do it together! Some members of our A Cappella groups will do a joint venture. So, why not join them? While you can participate individually, you will get coaching if attending as a group!
If you would like to participate, please register online at www.harmonizers.org before 2/1/2019. For more information on Registration, including payment, go to:
The Whiffenpoofs in Alexandria- Saturday, 2/9, 3-5 pm
Harmonizers and Yale Whiffenpoof joint concert
Join the 2019 The Yale Whiffenpoofs, the world’s oldest, collegiate a cappella group (with their first female singer!), and the renowned Alexandria Harmonizers for a joint concert at:
George Washington Masonic National Memorial – 101 Callahan Drive, Alexandria, VA 22301
All required forms and fees are Due Immediately
If you have not done so yet, please turn them in ASAP.