Winter Concert – This Wednesday, 12/18!
Rehearsal Schedule and Concert Call Times
|3:00-3:10||Check-in||All report to stage for|
Hands Are Knockin
|3:10-3:40||Hands Are Knockin||All|
|3:30-4:10||Light A Candle||All|
|4:15-4:55||A La Nanita w/ |
harp, marimba, guitar
|5:20-6:00||Snow By Morning,|
Gaudete, Up Above
|6:30-7:00||Winter Song, No Tears||DoReMigas|
|3:00-3:10||Check-in||All report to stage for|
Hands Are Kncokin
|3:15-3:30||Hands Are Knockin||All|
|3:30-3:45||Light A Candle||All|
|3:45-4:00||Christmas Pops Trio||WDW Choir|
|4:00-4:30||Sleep Tiny, Janeman,|
X’mas in LA
|4:30-5:00||Jingle Bells, Stars,|
|7:00-9:00||Home for Holidays||Alumuni Choir|
|6:15||All||Light A Candle|
Correct Concert Attire counts for PART OF YOUR GRADE!
Students will be expected to present a professional appearance for every performance. This is standard throughout FCPS Music Programs. It also shows your respect for those who come to experience your performance!
Please make sure that your GOWN/TUXEDO are READY before this Wednesday, 12/18:
- A full-length black gown (hemmed at 2 ½” above the ground with your concert dress shoes on)
- Black, closed-toe, dress shoes (heels should be no more than 2”)
- Clear (nude) tights or knee highs
- Pearl necklace: provided at Check-in on the day of concert
- White Dress Shirt, Vest, Tuxedo Pants
- Black (or dark color) dress socks
- Black dress shoes: sneakers or casual shoes are not acceptable.
- A blue tie: provided at Check-in
Uniforms should be kept clean and pressed for all concerts and festivals:
- Students must arrive to performances with proper attire (clean and pressed)
- He/she will not perform and
- He/she will forfeit their performance exam grade
Students are expected to maintain good hygiene for all performances and look like young professionals:
- Hair is to be neat and clean (all students will wear their hair out of their faces)
- Do not wear colognes or perfumes
- Do not wear any jewelry or accessories, other than modest earrings
- Look your best
Reminder: Chamber Singers Responsible for providing volunteers for this concert.
We still need parent volunteers for the following tasks:
- Check-in/Chaperone (4:45 – 6:45 pm): 3 more volunteers needed
- Chaperone during Concert (6:45 – 8:30 pm): 2 more needed
- Ushers (6:30 – 7:30 pm): 2 volunteers needed
- Clean-up (8:30 – 9:00 pm): 3 more needed
We need your help: Winter Concert Volunteer Sign-up
Please Welcome SLHS’ first ever Alumni Choir to the Winter Concert!
Over 100 SLHS Chorus graduates have registered to take part in the first Alumni Choir in the history of the SLHS Choral Department. They represent the Class of 1981 to the most recent Class of 2019, and we look forward to hearing them sing in a few days!
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) Job Openings
The PCA provides both financial and volunteer work support to allow the South Lakes Choral Program to exist as the high quality, well rounded program our students enjoy.
We need parent volunteers to step up and take on the following jobs ASAP:
- Membership Co-Chair: Our current Chair, Juliana Carter, is also the Broadway Night Co-Chair, and she cannot do both jobs simultaneously.
- Therefore, we need someone to come in and oversee the Membership drives which are already in progress.
- This job can be done completely off-site and on your own timetable, and Juliana will provide full training and support.
- Post-concert Donut Delivery:
- We need a parent who will order, pickup, and deliver donuts to the school in the days following each concert.
- The PCA will cover the cost, but we need someone to handle the work involved.
Please email email@example.com to learn more about either job.
Also, please mention Friends and Family memberships to family members over the Holidays. They can join online at Friends & Family!
PCA Membership Campaign Updates
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
Membership/Fundraising Goal: Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money:
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
To date, we have raised a total of $12,760 overall, plus in-kind donations! We are just over halfway there! However, we need everyone’s help to get us further along by the end of the year.
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update: We have just kicked off this campaign!
- This year we have a new membership level: Family Circle at $75, and supporters at $75 or higher will receive a video link of our singers.
- So far, 11 new Friends & Family members helped us raise $910 this year.
- You can send this link: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/friends to people you know who might be interested in becoming Friends & Family members.
- Contact Wendy Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at email@example.com
Broadway Night 2020
Check your email regularly and frequently because updates and important announcements are constantly sent to those participating as separate emails. These updates will not come to you through the weekly Notations.
If you have any questions or are looking to take on an active volunteer role this year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS: If you have received email(s)that your student’s forms are still missing (including missing page and/or missing parental signature,) please turn them in, with your signature if needed) ASAP.
Hard copies of the forms are available for those who need them.
FEES: If your student has unpaid fees, please make payment through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Important Information about Fees:
f you receive free/reduced lunch AND have submitted the Consent to Share Form, the county will waive and pay your course and/or uniform fees. See Consent-to-Share-Info for details.
If you are not receiving free/reduced lunch but would like to budget Course Fee payment or Gown payment, you can complete Chorus Financial Aid/Payment Plan Form
If you have any questions and/or concerns about these fees, please contact Mrs. Gigliotti at email@example.com
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday Amazon purchases.
To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
Be sure to visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases (yes, it’s time for Holiday Shopping!) to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
Photos from the Fall Concert 2019
Many Thanks to Mrs. Jessica Wallach (her daughter is a member of Seahawk Chorale) for taking many great photos: SLHS Chorus Fall Concert 2019 Photos
You can download them all here: Greater Depth Media Downloads
These are web-ready, particularly prepared for Facebook. In posting on social media, please use the following photo credit Jessica Wallach/Greater Depth Media.
A Cappella Info
View the constitution so students can understand what the groups require for attendance and participation: SLHS A Cappella Groups Constitution
- Mon, 12/16 (3:00 – 7:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (See the Concert Info above for details)
- Tue, 12/17 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (See above)
- Wed, 12/18 (7:00 pm): Winter Concert (See above for Call Times)
- Tue, 1/14 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- Fri, 1/31 (7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Sat, 2/1 (2:00 & 7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Thurs, 2/6 (6:00 – 9:00 pm): VCDA All State Chorus Auditions, Washington Liberty HS
- Feb. 6-8 (TBA): VCDA All District Chorus, Washington Liberty HS
- Tue, 2/11 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- March 10-14 (TBA): ACDA Regional Honors Choir/Conference, Mobile, AL
- Wed, 3/18 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Thurs, 3/19 (7:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert (Call Time TBD)
- March 26-28 (TBD): VMEA State Assessment (SOL), Edison HS (One date will be assigned to us.)
- April 23-25 (TBA): VMEA/VCDA All State Chorus, Richmond, VA
- Mon, 5/11 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Spring Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Tue, 5/12 (7:00 pm): Spring Concert (Call Times TBD)
- Thurs, 5/14 (7:00 pm): Chorus Awards Night