Notations, Dec 2, 2018
Skate Night Fundraiser – This Friday, 12/7
7:30-9:30 pm at Skatequest, 1800 Michael Faraday Ct. Reston, VA 20190
$12 for skate rental & admission (click here for the flyer: Chorus Skate Night 2018)
So, come support SLHS Chorus/PCA!
Beloved Yoga’s Special Deal for Teens in December
Beloved Yoga and Rebecca Burgess are offering a special deal for 3 weeks in December for teens to practice yoga together.
- This class will be entirely an experiential practice – notebooks will not be needed.
- During the hour we will practice yogic mindfulness, postures, movement, breath work, and relaxation.
Any and all teens and tweens are welcome, so invite your friends! In addition, all levels of experience and flexibility are welcome. The more the merrier!
- The special package price is 3 classes for $50 which can only be purchased at the studio (not on-line).
- Drop-in prices will be the regular kids rate of $18 per class.
If you have any questions you can email Rebecca Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Concert – Next Thursday, 12/13 at 7:00 pm
Our Ensembles as well as student-directed A Cappella groups have been working hard in preparation for their next Concert!
Each ensemble (students and their parents/guardians) is responsible for providing volunteers for at least one concert each year. And Seahawk Chorale has been designated to support this concert.
Please sign up to volunteer: Winter Concert Volunteer Sign-up
- Wednesday, 12/5: Required for Advanced Choirs (3 – 4:30 pm) – Details have been sent out to the students in Bella Voce, Select Treble and Chamber Singer
- Wednesday, 12/12: All Choirs (3 – 6 or 7 pm)
Students will be expected to present a professional appearance for every performance. This is standard throughout FCPS Music Programs, as stated in the 2018-19 Course Syllabus.
Therefore, please make sure your gown/tuxedo is READY for next week! Correct Concert Attire counts for part of your grade.
Free Tickets to An Evening with Opera Diva Elizabeth Bishop
Sunday, 12/16 at 7:00 pm – the CenterStage, Reston Community Center Hunter Woods
Reston Community Center is offering the SLHS Choral students up to 20 free tickets to see this great performance.
Critically acclaimed mezzo-soprano and Reston resident, Elizabeth Bishop will present a thrilling evening on the theme of journeys, singing music from opera, song repertoire and American folk standards. A local favorite at the Washington National Opera and regularly seen at the Metropolitan Opera, she continues to garner rave reviews for her plush tone and richly nuanced portrayals.
Tickets are offered on a first-come, first-served basis (up to 2 tickets per person.)
Only 4 tickets left! If you would like to claim a free ticket, please sign up below by Saturday, 12/8: Free Tickets Sign-up
Scrip Fundraising for Spring Trip
Start fundraising with Scrip for the NY trip!
To register, go to:
- ShopWithScrip and select Join a Program
- Enter Enrollment Code: 626LL83617977
(Enter the student’s name for whom you’re fundraising in Step 3)
- Enroll in online payments (PrestoPay) before placing your order
For detailed information about the ordering process, go to: Shop with Scrip.
The next order for physical cards and check orders will be made on 12/7!
Broadway Night 2019 – Feb 1st & 2nd
Congratulations to all the cast members and student leaders for being selected to perform in the Broadway Night (BWN) 2019 – Broadway Revival!
And many thanks to those who made it to the Kickoff meeting last Thursday. If you were unable to attend, Mrs. Gigliotti will be posting the presentation.
Registration & Payment – due Monday, Dec 17
Please complete Registration AND Payment by 12/17!
- This year’s registration process is online.
- The process includes several components and only takes a few minutes to complete!
- To avoid the constant reminders and emails to complete registration, get it done as soon as possible.
- WIN Pride and Prize: Special treats await the first class to fully register by the deadline!
- Register and Pay here: BWN Contract
REGISTRATION DETAILS and GUIDANCE:
Student and Parent Contract:
All students must register online and accept the terms of the student/parent contract.
- When you first click the registration link, you will be taken to the student/parent contract.
- Please read through it carefully and select that you (Parent and Student) agree to the terms.
- Once you have agreed to the contract terms and click Submit, you will be taken to the payment form.
Student Participation Fee:
Each student will be required to cover the “consumable” portion of the show’s expenses, that is, the expenses that directly go back to the student (i.e. T-shirt, Meals during tech week.) The fee this year will be $55.00. We encourage everyone to pay by credit card online. However, checks will also be accepted.
- On the payment form, select one of the three options for payment (credit card, check, financial assistance) and follow the instructions.
- You will have the opportunity to also purchase a DVD and additional t-shirts (the fee includes a t-shirt for the participant) as well as to donate to the program.
- If paying by check, please send it in to Mrs. Gigliotti in an envelope marked Broadway Night with the student’s name on the envelope.
- Please do not send in checks without completing the online registration!
Remember: the registration deadline is MONDAY, 12/17/18 before the first rehearsal. We greatly appreciate everyone’s attention and timeliness!
Coming Soon – Information regarding the rehearsal schedule, the parent volunteer survey and more!
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com.
Juliana Carter and Amy Guerber, Broadway Night Co-Chairs
URGENT: All required forms are Due Immediately
We have sent email notifications to those students and their parents who are still missing forms. Please take action TODAY, if you have not done so.
It is required by FCPS that all of these forms come in immediately in order for the student to participate in the choral program. However, we still do not have forms from every student.
That’s why we have been posting in the Notations every week and sending many emails out about missing forms. But it’s already December. So, please take this seriously if you have not turned in all forms to date.
All forms are available at: Forms Page, and a link to each missing form is included in those emails. Additionally, we have made hard copy of the forms available in the Chorus office for those who cannot print at home.
If you have any questions, please email Mitsuyo Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All required fees are Due Immediately
- SLHS Chorus Course Materials fee is $125 and is required for All Students.
- SLHS Uniform Fee ($75 for Gown) is separate from the Course Materials Fee and is a one-time fee for All New Students.
If you have not done so, please make your payment ASAP. All payments can be made online through My School Bucks
How to pay for the dress through MySchoolBucks
- Login to MySchoolBucks
- Go to “School Store”
- Click on “Browse All Items”
- Select “Choir Uniform Dress”
- Select your student’s name, which will be the only name you will see
- Add to the Basket, Check-out, and Pay