Virtual Master Classes and Workshops
The Shepherd University School of Music continues its series of free virtual master classes and clinics geared toward aspiring young musicians and prospective music majors!
NOTE: The master classes and clinics presented by Shepherd University School of Music faculty are free of charge; however, participants must register online in advance at
A link to the event will be sent to the registered email prior to the scheduled date and time:
- Friday, 1/29, 3:00 p.m. – Dr. Steve Owen: Snare Drum Rudiments
- Friday, 2/12, 3:00 p.m. – Dr. Steve Owen: Marimba
- Friday, 2/19, 3:00 p.m. – Richard Polonchak: Bassoon Flicking Technique
Hear the Virtual Concerts & Recitals for Free!
All of the spring performances will premiere and will remain on the Shepherd University Music YouTube channel. Online audiences will be able to access them for free and watch at their convenience after the initial performance.
- Friday, 2/5, 7:30 p.m.—Shepherd Salon Series sponsored by Jefferson Security Bank with Candice Mowbray and Friends. Guitar professor Dr. Candice Mowbray teams up with guitarist Danny Webber, multi-instrumentalist Anita Thomas, and Shepherd faculty singer Dr. Rob Tudor and singer/pianist Dr. Bobb Robinson.
- Friday, 4/2, 7:30 p.m.—Shepherd Salon Series sponsored by Jefferson Security Bank with faculty Dr. Yu-Hsuan Liao on piano, with clarinetist David Drosinos and cellist Camilo Peréz-Mejía.
- Friday, 4/9, 7:30 p.m.—Shepherd University Jazz Ensemble, Wind Ensemble, Camerata, Chamber Singers, and Ramblers choir present a spring concert of varied repertory in which conductors and students share information about the music throughout the recorded concert.
- Friday, 5/7, 7:30 p.m.—Shepherd Ensembles Concert featuring the Jazz Ensemble, Wind Ensemble, Camerata, Chamber Singers, and Ramblers choir in which conductors and students share information about the music throughout the recorded concert.
Complimentary Private Instruction for Prospective Students
It is essential for students to find the right fit as they consider their choice of where to pursue future music studies. Therefore, the Shepherd University School of Music offers a complimentary virtual private lesson with one of our faculty to current high school juniors or seniors, or college transfer students.
Complete the online form to schedule a lesson:
Stay tuned for updates and additional events by visiting www.shepherd.edu/music.