Welcome to Broadway Night 2022-23!
Congratulations, you are participating in Broadway Night 2022-2023! There is no participation fee this year and we are excited to have you join us. If you are an elementary, middle school, or high school student not in a chorus class at SLHS, you are required to purchase the show t-shirt which will be worn in our finale song.
This contract lays out what you can expect from SLHS Broadway Night leaders and what SLHS expects from you. Both student participants and their parents must read and sign it as part of the participation expectations.
*Please note that the Parents for Choral Arts Booster Organization and the SLHS Chorus believe that no student should be denied participation due to financial concern or distress. If you receive free/reduced lunch or have financial concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. All matters will be kept confidential and support can be provided.
South Lakes High School Broadway Night Contract
SLHS Broadway Night Leadership will:
- Provide rehearsal time & space; professional voice, dance & acting coaches; music; technical equipment; set pieces and some props to attain a quality experience & execute a great performance
- Recommend & approve makeup, costumes and props
- Provide chaperones for all backstage areas during performances and all rehearsals
Student participants are expected to:
- Be present at all rehearsals for which you are scheduled, and notify the director ahead of time if for any reason you will be absent by emailing email@example.com. Students must attend rehearsals in order to perform in the show.
- Prepare for your number(s) by rehearsing at both formal rehearsals and at home. Learn your lyrics and music by January 7th so that you will remain eligible for the show.
- Provide own makeup, costume and props as recommended by the directors
- Respect your fellow performers, directors, professional staff and parent volunteers.
- Promote the show by advertising to friends and family
Parents are expected to:
- Support the directors and other professionals by ensuring your student commits to the rehearsal and performance hours, and other deadlines.
- Acknowledge that this is an extra-curricular event for your child and it is highly dependent upon volunteers to run successfully. We need as many volunteers to help as possible!
- Support your student by signing up for at least two volunteer slots when the Sign-Up Genius is posted.
Parent/Volunteer irrevocably grants South Lakes High School Parents for Choral Arts (SLHS PCA) and Chorus an unrestricted license to use student’s/volunteer’s appearance, image, likeness; first name and last initial; and voice, identity, performance in any manner in connection with the business of the SLHS PCA/Chorus (including without limitation for purposes of advertising and trade). The SLHS Chorus and the SLHS PCA shall have the unrestricted right to any photograph or video in which the parent/volunteer or student appears while participating in rehearsals and Broadway Night. Parent/Volunteer releases their rights and any rights held by student/volunteer of publicity, editorial rights or other rights with respect to student’s/volunteer’s likeness in connection with the SLHS PCA/Chorus’ Broadway Night and acknowledges that the parent/volunteer will not receive any compensation for the use of the student’s/volunteer’s likeness. Parent/Volunteer hereby waives the claim of invasion of privacy arising from the SLHS PCA and Chorus’ exercise of its rights under this paragraph.