OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY, INC. OMICRON KAPPA KAPPA CHAPTER 2016 TALENT HUNT
- One of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity’s Internationally Mandated Programs that provides exposure, encouragement and financial assistance to talented young people participating in the performing arts. Winners are awarded recognition and may be given college scholarships
- Date/Time: February 26, 2016 at 7pm
- Place: Centreville High School, Clifton, Virginia
- Awards: 1st Place: $400, 2nd Place: $200, 3rd Place $100
- First Place will compete at the District Level in April 2016
- Musical performances can include vocal or Instrumental and include any of the following genres: Classical, Semi-classical, Gospel, Jazz–Printed music must be provided for the judges for all musical performances
- Dance performances can include ballet, modern dance, tap, Interpretive movement to music, etc.
- Oratorical performances can include dramatic dialogues or monologues, speeches, poetry, and dramatic readings–Scripts must be provided to the judges for all oratorical performances
- Art may be submitted as well
OKK & Third District Talent Hunt Rules for Participation
- Contestant must be a high school student (grades 9 -12) at the time of the competition.
- All presentations including instrumental selections must be memorized.
- All presentations should reflect good taste.
- No performance should exceed five minutes.
- Pre-recorded accompaniment cannot be used for musical presentations.
- The use of an accompanist who has rehearsed and worked closely with the contestant is mandatory.
- For the participants, recommended dress is formal (females – long formal gowns, men – black tuxedos/black tie)
- All emailed applications along with digital submissions must be completed and received no later than 10:00 p.m. Friday, February 19, 2016–This deadline is final
- Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
- Participants will be advised if they have been selected to perform during the Talent Hunt Competition