Back to Chorus Night – This Wed, 9/16 at 7 pm in BBCU
Join us for an overview of this year of virtual choir and learn how we will make music, build community, and stay connected!
All students and parents should attend, including those of you who are a ‘veteran’ chorus family. We really need our SLHS Chorus Village to raise our children together, as this year will be quite different!
The meeting will be in Blackboard Collaborate: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/5ffd96e9ab0e4e018d678ac99ecc65ff
NOTE: Students need to be logged into separate devices from parents so we can execute the student breakouts later in the meeting.
Music Highlights of the First Week – 2 virtual choir performances by teachers for our students:
It Takes A Village: All FCPS Secondary Chorus teachers (Middle School and High School) for all of our choir communities
Ain’t No Wifi Strong Enough: Some of our Seahawk teachers for our SLHS students
- Lyrics – Eva Forman, our Theatre teacher
- A/V – Harrison de Wolfe, our sound engineer /also an alumna
- Directed & Produced – Mrs. Gigliotti
Reminders from PCA
Budget for This Year
- The draft budget has been posted for your consideration: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/pca-budget-for-2020-2021/.
- The Draft Budget will be presented and voted on at Back to Chorus (BTC) night this Wed, 9/16 at 7 pm
Monthly PCA Meetings
- The PCA meets the second Thursday of every month at a 7:00pm Zoom meeting, which is open to any choral parent or student guardian.
- Please email President@SouthLakesChorus.org for the meeting link.
Parent Volunteers Needed for:
- A parent representative from each choral group
- A Membership Chairperson
Support & Guidance for Parents
- Returning Choral Parents are here to offer support and guidance to any parents looking for more information or connections during this untraditional year.
- Please email President@SouthLakesChorus.org with any questions or comments.
Family Fun Fridays! – Sept 25 (new date) at 7:30 pm
We will have Family Game Nights every month, starting with Friday, September 25 at 7:30 pm. Registration information will be provided at Back to Chorus Night on Wednesday.
Join the fun in our private professionally hosted, customized game night to socialize with other chorus families, and help raise money to support our program. $25 per family (any size team may play.)
The games are played over Zoom and are a great way to spend an hour together at home, while laughing and bonding over fun games and trivia.
Virtual HS Schedule
|Morning||* Intervention/Enrichment: Select students scheduled for synchronous instruction based on need
* Independent Work: Tasks assigned by classroom teachers
|Afternoon||* Student Independent Work
* Teacher planning and professional development
|TIME||Tuesdays & Thursdays||Wednesdays & Fridays|
|8:10-9:30||Period 1 (Bella Voce)||Period 2 (Select Treble)|
|9:45-11:05||Period 3 (Seahawk Chorale)||Period 4|
|12:00-1:20||Period 5||Period 6|
|1:35-2:55||Period 7 (Chamber Singers)||Period 8 (Seahawk Camerata)|
NOTE: New TIMES
D.C. al Fine Choral Conducting Workshops
D.C. al Fine is doing things differently this year! They are offering conducting workshops for different experience levels ONLINE.
Workshops include master classes with conductors you will love to work with, including:
- Edith Copley
- Hilary Apfelstadt
- John Irving
- McKenna Senson
- Bill Podolski
- And more TBA
For more information, please visit: https://www.dcalfine.com/details-and-tuition.html
- Wed, 9/16 at 7 pm: Virtual Back to Chorus Night at https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/5ffd96e9ab0e4e018d678ac99ecc65ff
- Fri, 9/25 at 7:30 pm: Family Fun/Game Night (via Zoom) – Registration information will be provided at Back to Chorus Night this Wednesday.
SLHS Chorus Department
Choral Director: Rita Gigliotti, RAGigliotti@fcps.edu
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA)
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
- PCA Online Membership Form: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/joinpca
- Friends and Family Online Membership Form: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/friends
2020-2021 PCA Board Members
|Vice President||Eric Johnsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Ray van Hilstemail@example.com
|Member at Large||Amy Guerberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Member at Large||Stephanie Handoemail@example.com|
|Webmaster||Ray van Hilstfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Broadway Night||Juliana Carteremail@example.com|
|Broadway Night||Amy Guerberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Admin Assistant||Mitsuyo Spragueemail@example.com