All required forms & fees – Due Immediately
PCA Membership Drive and Friends & Family Fundraiser
PCA (Parents for Choral Arts) is a 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Organization and is committed to serving the South Lakes High School Choral Arts Program.
Why does the PCA fundraise?
Our chorus, like most music programs in the county, depends heavily on the generosity of our donors to provide a world class experience for our students. Our students strive to do their best, and as parents, we want to encourage them to be part of an excellent program with many diverse opportunities to augment their love of music and to retain them in the choral program. Hence, we make every effort to raise fund for the Choral Arts program here at South Lakes.
How can you help?
We are hereby proposing that each chorus family consider the following ways to support the SLHS choral program:
- Volunteer in some capacity: You will come across numerous opportunities to volunteer throughout the year, and we promise that you will find volunteering, especially working with other parents, a very rewarding experience! Every person can do something, so please consider volunteering in whatever ways you can!
- Join the PCA: Membership levels start at $30.00, and you can check it out on-line or send in a paper form: PCA Membership. We surely hope you will join us as a proud PCA member this year!
- Corporate matching: If your company does corporate matching, please ask for the PCA, a 501 (c)(3) corporation to benefit. Your company will have the paperwork, and our Tax ID # is 26-3487105
- Friends & Family Fundraiser: Ask your friends, family and neighbors if they would like to support the chorus as well. Your student can use Friends & Family letter to give out information.
SLHS Back to School Night (BTSN)
We strongly encourage all parents to attend and learn more about the curricular content and expectations for chorus and all academic classes.
- 6:00 – 6:40pm: Table Fair will be in the Main Hallway. You can get the membership information and sign up to join the PCA and its table.
- 6:45 – 7:00pm: Welcome address from administration and PTSA in 1st period classes
- 7:00 – 9:15pm: Parents will rotate through their student’s blue day (1,3,5,7) schedule followed by green day (2,6,8).
Advanced Chorus Spring NYC Trip Survey – due Immediately
Parents of students in Advanced Choirs (Chamber Singers, Select Treble & Bella Voce): If you have not done so, please complete the survey ASAP: NYC Trip Survey
In order to make this trip truly an exciting and valuable experience for our students, it is vital that all members of the advanced choirs can participate in the trip. The survey includes the key information shared at the meeting for your consideration. Please complete it ASAP and help us make a decision whether or not to proceed with planning for the trip.
Robert E. Simon Jr. Music Scholarships from Reston Chorale
The Reston Chorale is an auditioned, mixed-voice choir under the direction of Artistic Director David B. Lang and presents Robert E. Simon Jr. Music Scholarships to up to eight high school and/or college students per season. Scholarship recipients also gain valuable experience singing with The Reston Chorale. The scholarship Fact Sheet and Flyer are attached to this Notations.
Scholarship recipients are selected annually by auditions. The next auditions for the Robert E. Simon, Jr., Music Scholarships will take place:
- Monday, October 15, 2018, 6-8 pm
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 5-6:20 pm
- Monday, October 22, 2018, 6-8 pm
To schedule an audition, send an email to: RCScholarships@RestonChorale.org
Chorus Spirit Night Fundraiser
At Chick-fil-A: 12160 Sunset Hills Road, Reston, VA – Thursday, 10/11, 5-8 pm
Join us for food and fun! The PCA will receive 25% of event sales, which will support the SLHS Choral Arts program.
Must show digital or printed flyer (attached) to receive credit: Chick Fil A Fundraiser – Oct 11
A Special Thanks to the following people:
- All who performed and participated in the Potbelly Fundraiser last Thursday
- Alana Riso, Tessa Auda, Grace Queen, Hannah Carter, Rita Ajit, and Corinne Wellman for performing National Anthem at Reston Multicultural Festival on Saturday
- Juliana Carter for chaperoning them
All students are required to wear Chorus Uniforms (gown or tuxedo) at all concerts.
All New Female Students:
- Please make payment ASAP, if you have not done so. It is a one-time fee of $75.
- You will not receive your gown without payment.
- You will need to get your gown altered before your first concert (Alterations information will come with your gown.)
How to pay for gown through: My School Bucks
- Login to MySchoolBucks
- Go to “School Store”
- Click on “Browse All Items”
- Select “Choir Uniform Dress”
- Select your student’s name, which will be the only name you will see
- Add to the Basket, Check-out, and Pay
All New Male Students:
- Please make an appointment with Metropolitan Formalwear for this Saturday, 9/29, if you have not had one.
- The uniform fee does not include hemming for the pants. Therefore, you will need to get your pants hemmed elsewhere.
Please visit Uniforms Page for more information.
All required forms & fees are Due Immediately
Required Chorus Forms & Information: Forms Page
- SLHS Chorus Course Materials fee: $125 (Required for All Students) – Please pay the fee through: My School Bucks
- SLHS Uniform Fee (New Students) is separate from the Course Materials Fee and is a one-time fee for all new students. Please refer to: Uniforms Page
Free and Reduced-price Meal Applications:
- Free & reduced-price meal applications – complete online or submit a handwritten, paper application for this school year.
- Electronic meal applications are available in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Filipino, French, and Vietnamese.
- Applications now include a designated section with the consent to share information for other programs.
- Paper applications must be the original red print forms.
- Copied application forms cannot be accepted.
- For more information visit the Free and Reduced-Price Meals