Notations – November 24, 2019
Chaperones needed for Photos with Santa this Friday, 11/29 at Reston Town Center
Many Thanks to those who have already signed up to help with this event! We just need 3 more parents to chaperone:
- 12:00 – 2:30 pm: 1 more parent needed
- 2:15 – 4:30 pm: 2 parents needed (nobody has signed up yet)
This is a fundraiser for the South Lakes High School Chorus, and all photo patrons will be making a donation to the Chorus to receive their photo.
So, please support the Choral Program: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040D4DAC0-2019
Disney Trip – Next Week!
- The Final payment (#4) PAST DUE: If you have not made your payment, please review the email notification of your final amount due and pay the correct amount as directed ASAP.
- Monday, 11/25: All trip forms are due 11/25 (except forms accompanying medication)
- Sunday, 12/1 (This is the Sunday after Thanksgiving!)
- 2-3 pm: Check-in Medication & Forms
- 3-4:30 pm: All Student Rehearsal
- 4:30-6 pm: Candlelight Processional Rehearsal
- Tuesday, 12/3 (7-8 pm): Luggage Check-in
- Wednesday, 12/4 (Period 3): Report to Cafeteria
- Saturday, 12/7: Please park in terminal A parking and pick up students from Reagan National Airport baggage claim in terminal A on Saturday night, 12/7
- Performance Attire requirements for the Disney Performances:
- Chorus Polo Shirt – We will provide this
- Full Length Black Dress pants
- Boys: their Chorus Concert pants
- Girls: full-length black dress pants (No leggings, athletic wear, or jeans)
- Black Socks
- Closed toe solid black shoes (No sandals, flip flops, sneakers, or athletic shoes)
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) Job Openings
As you know, the PCA provides both financial and volunteer work support to allow the South Lakes Choral Program to exist as the high quality, well rounded program our students enjoy.
We need parent volunteers to step up and take on the following jobs ASAP:
- Membership Co-Chair: Our current Chair, Juliana Carter, is also the Broadway Night Co-Chair, and she cannot do both jobs simultaneously.
- Therefore, we need someone to come in and oversee the Membership drives which are already in progress.
- This job can be done completely off-site and on your own timetable, and Juliana will provide full training and support.
- Post-concert Donut Delivery:
- We need a parent who will order, pickup, and deliver donuts to the school in the days following each concert.
- The PCA will cover the cost, but we need someone to handle the work involved.
Please email email@example.com to learn more about either job.
Also, please mention Friends and Family memberships to family members over the Thanksgiving Holiday. They can join online at Friends & Family!
PCA Membership Campaign
Have you joined the PCA this year? If you haven’t, ACT NOW and Click Join PCA!
We only need 21 more members at the $30 level to hit our goal!
Membership/Fundraising Goal: Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money!
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update: Thank you for your participation in the Friends and Family fundraiser for Parents for the Choral Arts (PCA).
Your letters and emails will make a huge impact on our ability to meet our goal of raising $7,000 this year for the programs.
- Hard copies of letters are available in Mrs. G’s room.
- Electronic copies of the email and attachment can be found on Google classroom. (An email with a “refresher” of the instructions was sent out to you earlier today.)
Contact Wendy Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns. https://www.southlakeschorus.org/friends
Urgent Need for Membership Co-Chair: As mentioned above, we need someone to come in and oversee the Membership drives which are already in progress.
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at email@example.com
Gown Alterations – Must be Completed before 12/18
- If you have not made payment for gown, please do so through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- A list of approved Alterations Services & Specific Instructions is provided with the gowns.
Please contact Mitsuyo Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Broadway Night 2020
Most updates and important announcements will be sent to those participating as separate emails and not through the weekly Notations.
If you have any questions or are looking to take on an active volunteer role this year, please contact email@example.com.
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS: No Change from last week – 118 (or 75%) out of 157 students have turned in all their required forms to date.
If you have received email(s)that your student’s forms are still missing (including missing page and/or missing parental signature,) please turn them in, with your signature if needed) ASAP.
Hard copies of the forms are available for those who do not have access to a printer.
FEES: If your student has unpaid fees, please make payment through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Important Information about Fees:
If you receive free/reduced lunch AND have submitted the Consent to Share Form, the county will waive and pay your course and/or uniform fees. See Consent-to-Share-Info for details.
If you are not receiving free/reduced lunch but would like to budget Course Fee payment or Gown payment, you can complete Chorus Financial Aid/Payment Plan Form
If you have any questions and/or concerns about these fees, please contact Mrs. Gigliotti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos from the Fall Concert 2019
Many Thanks to Mrs. Jessica Wallach (her daughter is a member of Seahawk Chorale) for taking many great photos: SLHS Chorus Fall Concert 2019 Photos
Here is a link to download them all: Greater Depth Media Downloads
These are web-ready, particularly prepared for Facebook. In posting on social media, please use the following photo credit Jessica Wallach/Greater Depth Media.
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday – as well as holiday & special occasion – purchases on Amazon!
Don’t forget to visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
A Cappella Info
View the constitution so students can understand what the groups require for attendance and participation: SLHS A Cappella Groups Constitution
- November (Throughout): Friends & Family Fundraising Campaign
- Mon, 11/25: All Disney Trip forms are due (except forms accompanying medication)
- Tue, 11/26 (10:00 am – 1:00 pm): SLHS Pyramid Workshop at RCC (Chorus Officers & Selected Students only)
- Nov 27-29 (Wed – Fri): Thanksgiving Holiday – No School
- Sun, 12/1
- (2:00 – 3:00 pm): Check-in Medication & Forms
- (3:00 – 4:30 pm): All Student Rehearsal
- (4:30 – 6:00 pm): Candlelight Processional Rehearsal
- Tue, 12/3 (7:00 – 8:00 pm): Luggage Check-in
- Wed, 12/4 (Period 3): Report to Cafeteria
- Mon, 12/16 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Tue, 12/17 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Wed, 12/18 (7:00 pm): Winter Concert (parent volunteers provided by Chamber Singers)