VMEA Senior Honors Choir this Week! – Go Aidan!
Aidan Smith will be representing the SLHS Chorus at the Senior Honors Choir event this Thursday – Saturday (11/21-23) in Hot Spring, VA. We are very proud of him!
Senior Honors Choir is one of the most elite honors choirs you can be a part of in your high school career. The choir is only open to 12th grade students enrolled in Choral programs throughout the State of VA, and selection is made by audition.
Photos with Santa – Friday, 11/29 at Reston Town Center
If you are into Christmas Cheer and being Santa’s helper for children’s pictures with Santa, this is for you! Service Hours granted. We will also need 1-2 parent chaperones.
It is a fundraiser for the Chorus (all photo patrons will be making a donation to the Chorus to receive their photo).
If you received a Disney Scholarship, volunteering for this would be a way to give back and support the Choral Program: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040D4DAC0-2019
Disney Trip Update
- The Final payment (#4) PAST DUE: If you have not made your payment, please review the email notification of your final amount due and pay the correct amount as directed ASAP.
- Sunday, 12/1 – This is the Sunday after Thanksgiving!
- 2-3 pm: Check-in Medication & Forms
- 3-4:30 pm: All Student Rehearsal
- 4:30-6 pm: Candlelight Processional Rehearsal
- Tuesday, 12/3 (7-8 pm): Luggage Check-in
- Wednesday, 12/4 (Period 3): Report to Cafeteria
- Performance Attire requirements for the Disney Performances: Wear your performance attire for approval at next rehearsal this Thursday, 11/14 if you haven’t already.
- Chorus Polo Shirt – We will provide this
- Full Length Black Dress pants
- Boys should bring your SLHS Chorus Concert pants on the trip
- Girls need to provide their own full-length black dress pants. No leggings, athletic wear, or jeans. If you do not have black dress pants, here is an option from Target: Target Women’s Bootcut Pants
- Black Socks
- Closed toe solid black shoes (No sandals, no flip flops, no sneakers, no athletic shoes)
Questions? Email email@example.com
Broadway Night 2020
Broadway Night Registration is now closed. If you indicated that you would be paying by check, please bring in payment and deliver to Mrs. G.
NOTE: A more complete schedule of rehearsals will be provided to all registered students in the next week.
If you have any questions or are looking to take on an active volunteer role this year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCA Membership Campaign Update
Have you joined the PCA this year? If you haven’t, ACT NOW and Click Join PCA!
We only need 21 more members at the $30 level to hit our goal!
Membership/Fundraising Goal: Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money!
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update: Thank you for your participation in the Friends and Family fundraiser for Parents for the Choral Arts (PCA).
Your letters and emails will make a huge impact on our ability to meet our goal of raising $7,000 this year for the programs.
- Hard copies of letters are available in Mrs. G’s room.
- Electronic copies of the email and attachment can be found on Google classroom. (An email with a “refresher” of the instructions was sent out to you earlier today.)
Urgent Need for Parent Volunteers:
- Corporate Sponsors: Do you work for, own or know of local or other businesses who may be interested in supporting the PCA? Share this Corporate Sponsors link with them, or reach out to Juliana Carter.
- Membership Chair: Are you interested in learning more about the role to lead our Membership and fundraising efforts for next year?
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at email@example.com
Gown Alterations – Must be Completed before 12/18
Students must arrange/pay for alterations themselves and make sure their gowns are ready before the winter concert on 12/18.
- If you have not made payment for gown, please do so through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- A list of approved Alterations Services & Specific Instructions is provided with the gowns. Also, you can download the document below:
Please contact Mitsuyo Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS Update: 118 (or 75%) out of 157 students have turned in all their required forms as of 11/16/2019.
If you have received email(s) concerning your student’s missing forms (including a missing page and/or missing parental signature,) please turn them in ASAP. And be sure to sign where needed!
Hard copies of the forms are available for those who do not have access to a printer.
FEES: Any outstanding fees should be paid through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Important Information about Fees:
If you receive free/reduced lunch AND have submitted the Consent to Share Form, the county will waive and pay your course and/or uniform fees. See Consent-to-Share-Info for details.
If you are not receiving free/reduced lunch but would like to budget Course Fee payment or Gown payment, you can complete Chorus Financial Aid/Payment Plan Form
If you have any questions and/or concerns about these fees, please contact Mrs. Gigliotti at email@example.com
Photos from the Fall Concert 2019
Many Thanks to Mrs. Jessica Wallach (her daughter is a member of Seahawk Chorale) for taking many great photos: SLHS Chorus Fall Concert 2019 Photos
Here is a link to download them all:
These are web-ready, particularly prepared for Facebook. In posting on social media, please use the following photo credit Jessica Wallach/Greater Depth Media.
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday – as well as holiday & special occasion – purchases on Amazon!
Don’t forget to visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
A Cappella Info
View the constitution so students can understand what the groups require for attendance and participation: SLHS A Cappella Groups Constitution
- November (Throughout): Friends & Family Fundraising Campaign
- November 21-23: VMEA Senior Honors Choir, Hot Springs, VA
- Tue, 11/26 (10:00 am – 1:00 pm): SLHS Pyramid Workshop at RCC (Chorus Officers & Selected Students only)
- Sun, 12/1
- (2:00 – 3:00 pm): Check-in Medication & Forms
- (3:00 – 4:30 pm): All Student Rehearsal
- (4:30 – 6:00 pm): Candlelight Processional Rehearsal
- Tue, 12/3 (7:00 – 8:00 pm): Luggage Check-in
- Wed, 12/4 (Period 3): Report to Cafeteria
- Tue, 12/10 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting (Location TBD)
- Mon, 12/16 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Tue, 12/17 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Wed, 12/18 (7:00 pm): Winter Concert (parent volunteers provided by Chamber Singers)