Pre-Assessment Concert – Thurs, 3/19, 7:30 pm
- LHMS performance at 6:30 pm
- SLHS Performance at 7:30 pm
After-School Rehearsal: 3-6 pm on Wed, 3/18
VA State Assessment (SOL) – Fri, 3/27 (Select Treble) & Sat, 3/28 (Others)
Location: Edison High School, 5801 Franconia Road, Alexandria, VA 22310
Because this is our SOL and is a required performance, your participation is REQUIRED!
Select Treble: New Day & Time – Fri, 3/27 at 7 pm (Everyone else stays the same)
SCHEDULE for All ENSEMBLES:
|Ensemble||Arrive||Warm up||Perform||Sight Read||Depart|
|Select||7:00 pm||7:20 pm||7:40 pm||8:00 pm||8:10 pm|
|Ensemble||Arrive||Warm up||Perform||Sight Read||Depart|
|Chorale||8:40 am||9:00 am||9:20 am||9:40 am||9:50 am|
|Bella Voce||10:00 am||10:20 am||10:40 am||11:00 am||11:10 am|
|Camerata||11:00 am||11:20 am||11:40 am||12:00 pm||12:10 pm|
|Chamber||1:40 pm||2:00 pm||2:20 pm||2:40 pm||2:50 pm|
It will be provided to and from the event on 3/28 for students who need it.
However, we need to know how many students will need Bus Transportation ASAP so we can reserve the right size/number of bus(es.) Only 10 students have indicated they need such ride so far.
Therefore, if you are planning to ride the bus, please SIGN UP ASAP: Bus Transportation Sign-up
- The bus will leave SLHS at 7:40 AM and return at 3:40 PM.
- Students riding the bus will perform and then watch the ensembles be adjudicated in the Theatre.
- They will also need to bring their lunches and snacks.
NOTE: If you are not riding the bus, you need to be at Edison HS during the assigned arrival time.
- Parents are welcomed to transport their students.
- Students, who have turned in the appropriate FCPS drivers forms, may also drive themselves in accordance with FCPS regulations and Virginia state law.
If you have any questions, please email Mitsuyo Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in Serving on the PCA Board Next Year?
If so, please email email@example.com or attend the PCA meeting this Tuesday, 3/10 (7 pm in Chorus Room) to learn more!
PCA Membership & Fundraising Campaign
Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money:
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
As of now, we have raised a total of $12,760 plus in-kind donations this year and are just over halfway there!
However, we need everyone’s help to get us further along by the end of the year!
How You Can Help:
- Step up and become a new Membership Chair to lead our fundraising efforts (see above)
- Join the PCA, if you have not done so yet (it’s never too late!)
- Another way to help is through Friends and Family Campaign:
- Send this link: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/friends to people you know who might be interested in becoming Friends & Family members
- Contact Wendy Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at email@example.com
FBI’s Future Agents in Training (FAIT) Program – August 3-7, 2020
Are you interested in becoming an FBI agent? Follow the link below and read on!
Broadway Night 2020 Photos & DVD
Beautiful PHOTOS taken and tagged by Jessica Wallach of Portrait Playtime are available at: www.southlakeschorus.org/bwn-photos
How to Find Your Star Performers:
- Search by the song your child performed: Use the exact spelling and capitalization listed on the main page and copy and paste.
- To search/view another number or category:
- Go back to the main page by clicking the title at the top “ 2020 South Lakes Broadway Nights Photo Fundraiser: senior headshots, rehearsal and show photos”
- Then, search by that song
Available for purchase through March 15th:
- You can purchase print and/or digital download
- 40% of proceeds go as a fundraiser directly to support the Broadway Night production costs!
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DVD Reminder: If you have yet to order a DVD, you will need to
- Download BWN DVD Order Form
- Fill it out and
- Mail it directly to Arts Laureate with a check
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS: If you have not turned in any of the required forms, please do so ASAP! Hard copies of the forms are available if you need them.
FEES: If your student has unpaid fees, please make payment through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Concert Performance Archives
Professional Video Recordings are posted in Performance Archives on our website:
- Fall Concert 2019 will be made available soon.
- Winter Concert 2019: Sounds of Peace, Love & Joy
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile!
- To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
- Be sure to visit Amazon Smile for all your everyday purchases to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
Cappies Gala Singer Auditions 2020
Do you want to experience performing at the Kennedy Center for a televised sold-out crowd on the Orchestra Hall Stage on Sunday, May 31, 2020? Then, Audition to be a PRESTIGIOUS Gala Singer!
Download the flyer below for Audition Requirements:
- Audition Videos must be submitted by Sunday, 3/15
- Late submissions will NOT be considered
- Casting notifications will be made via email by Wednesday, 4/1.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
Music Performances at the Center for the Arts, George Mason University
Spotlight on Broadway featuring Lisa Vroman
Presented by American Festival Pops Orchestra
- Saturday, 4/4 at 8pm
- For more information, including Ticket Sales, click here: Spotlight on Broadway
Institute for the Arts (IFTA) – Registration Open
IFTA is a comprehensive arts enrichment and academic program. Students take 4 classes which they choose from among 90 selections. Options include dance, music, theatre, visual art, and fashion classes.
Students entering grade 9 may take the Online Health & PE (HPE9) course and students entering grades 9-12 may take the Self-Directed Economics and Personal Finance course as one of their 4 classes.
Sessions: Students may choose to register for either session or both.
- Session 1: July 6-17th
- Session 2: July 20-31st
- 8:30 am – 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Location: Fairfax High School
Registration is OPEN 2/3 – 6/16, 2020: IFTA 2020
- Tue, 3/10 (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- March 10-14: ACDA Regional Honors Choir/Conference, Mobile, AL
- Wed, 3/18 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Pre-Assessment Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Thurs, 3/19 (7:30 pm): Pre-Assessment Concert (Call Times TBD)
- March 27-28 (see Schedule above): VMEA State Assessment (SOL), Edison HS
- April 23-25: VMEA/VCDA All State Chorus, Richmond, VA
- Tue, 5/12 (7:00 pm): Chorus Awards Night
- Tue, 5/19 (TBA): Music Department Senior Recital
- Tue, 5/26 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Spring Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Wed, 5/27 (7:00 pm): Spring Concert (Call Times TBD)