Broadway Night 2020: Spirit of Disney – This Week!
There will be 3 performances:
- Friday, 1/31 at 7 pm
- Saturday, 2/1 at 2 pm & 7 pm
Tickets are on sale!
|Adult||Student (under 18) & Seniors (65+)|
|Advance Tickets Online||$15||$13|
|At the Door||$18||$15|
Purchase Advance Tickets online Broadway Night 2020 Tickets, and
- Enter the theatre right away and avoid waiting in line at the show!
- Save on your tickets by buying ahead of time – Tickets are $3 more at the door
- Print your tickets at home and bring them with you.
NOTE: Online ticket sales will close at midnight on Thursday, 1/30.
Thank You to those who have signed up from early on (many signed up for multiple slots)!
If your students are in the show but haven’t signed up to volunteer yet, we need your help in the following areas:
- 1 more Meal Coordinator for 5-7:30 pm on Tue, 1/28 – to arrange food order and manage meal volunteers
- Meal Volunteers to set up, serve and clean up on the following nights (5:30-7:30 pm):
- 3 more: Tue, 1/28
- 2 more: Wed, 1/29
- 1 more: Thurs, 1/30
- 1 more Female Chaperone to monitor ES/MS students: 6-9:30 pm, Sat, 2/1
- Male Chaperone(s) to monitor ES/MS students for the following slots:
- 1 more: 6-9:30 pm, Thurs, 1/30
- 1 more: 1-5:30 pm, Sat, 2/1
- 2 needed: 6-9:30 pm, Sat, 2/1
- 1 more to sell concessions: 6-9:30 pm, Fri, 1/31
- 1 more to sell Break-a-leg Grams: 6-9:30 pm, Sat, 2/1
- Clean-up (Theatre, Dressing Rooms, etc.) for the following time slots:
- 5 more: 9-9:30 pm, Fri, 1/31
- 5 more: 4:30-5 pm, Sat, 2/1
- 4 more: 9-9:30 pm, Sat, 2/1
- 20 volunteers needed for Set Strike on Sunday, 2/2 from 1-3 pm
So, please SIGN UP: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040d4dac0-broadway5
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
BWN Celebration & Fundraiser at Silver Diner – Next Tue, 2/4 (5-8 pm)
Broadway Night – SLHS Chorus will “Run the Diner”! The Silver Diner at Reston will donate us a portion of the night’s sales. So, bring your friends and family and show your support!!!
All District Chorus – Next Thurs, 2/6 – Sat, 2/8
Next week, the 23 SLHS Chorus students, selected by audition, will participate in the District XII All District Chorus at Washington-Liberty HS in Arlington, VA. Those students and their parents will receive emails with more details.
And, 13 of them will be able to audition for the VMEA/VCDA All State Chorus during the District Chorus rehearsal on 2/6. If selected, they will perform along with other Virginia’s top high school musicians at the 2020 All VA Chorus, April 23-25 in Richmond, VA.
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) Job Openings
The PCA provides both financial and volunteer work support to allow the South Lakes Choral Program to exist as the high quality, well rounded program our students enjoy.
We need parent volunteers to step up and take on the following jobs ASAP:
- We need a parent who can step in and oversee the Membership drives that are already in progress.
- This job can be done completely off-site and on your own timetable, and Juliana will provide full training and support.
Post-Concert Donut Delivery:
- We need a parent who will order, pickup, and deliver donuts to the school in the days following each concert.
- The PCA will cover the cost, but we need someone to handle the work involved.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about either job.
PCA Membership & Fundraising
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
Membership/Fundraising Goal: Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money:
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update:
- This year we have a new membership level: Family Circle at $75, and supporters at $75 or higher will receive a video link of our singers
- So far, 11 new Friends & Family members helped us raise $910 this year
- You can send this link: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/friends to people you know who might be interested in becoming Friends & Family members
- We will also send out letters to the SLHS Alumni and seek their support
- Contact Wendy Hahn at email@example.com with questions or concerns
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Concert Performance Archives
Professional Audio & Video Recordings are posted on our website:
- Fall Concert 2019 will be made available soon.
- Winter Concert 2019: Sounds of Peace, Love & Joy
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS: If you have not turned in any of the required forms,we need them NOW! (Hard copies of the forms are available if you need them.)
FEES: If your student has unpaid fees, please make payment through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday Amazon purchases.
To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
Be sure to visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases (yes, it’s time for Holiday Shopping!) to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
Institute for the Arts (IFTA)
The Institute for the Arts is a summer enrichment program for students currently in grades 6-11 who are interested in performing arts, visual arts, and fashion.
- Health & PE 9 for Rising 9th graders
- Self-Directed Economics & Personal Finances (taking this class during the summer allows students to sign up for more elective during the academic school year)
- Nearly 90 classes in the Arts
Sessions: New this year is a 2-week option. Students may choose to register for either session or both:
- Session 1: July 6-17th
- Session 2: July 20-31st
- 8:30 am – 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Location: Fairfax High School
Registration will be open from 2/3 through 6/16, 2020.
- Students select classes on a first come first serve basis through the registration process.
- They will choose a first and second choice from a Master Schedule.
For more information, visit: FCPS Summer Programs: IFTA
The 2020 South Lakes Music Jam at Ned Devine’s – Sun, 2/23 (5-8 pm)
Tickets for the 2020 Take the Stage Music Jam will go on sale at the end of January. They will be available both online and at the door.
This event provides a great opportunity for student musicians (ages 18 and below) to jam like the pros–in a great venue (Ned Devine’s in Herndon) with lots of fun, food and fans! This year trios, duos, and solo acts are welcomed in addition to student bands. (Please note: The deadline for application was Wed, 1/22.)
NOTE: This music show case/fundraiser is sponsored by the SLHS Band Boosters, and the proceeds will be used to support the SLHS Band Program.
- Fri, 1/31 (7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Sat, 2/1 (2:00 & 7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Tue, 2/4 (5:00-8:00 pm): BWN Celebration & Fundraiser at Silver Diner in Reston
- Thurs, 2/6 (6:00 – 9:00 pm): VCDA All State Chorus Auditions, Washington Liberty HS
- Feb. 6-8 (TBA): VCDA All District Chorus, Washington Liberty HS
- Tue, 2/11:
- (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- (7:00 pm): Choir for a Night for Rising 9th graders & any current students
- March 10-14 (TBA): ACDA Regional Honors Choir/Conference, Mobile, AL
- Wed, 3/18 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Thurs, 3/19 (7:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert (Call Time TBD)
- March 26-28 (TBD): VMEA State Assessment (SOL), Edison HS (One date will be assigned to us.)
- April 23-25 (TBA): VMEA/VCDA All State Chorus, Richmond, VA
- Mon, 5/11 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Spring Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Tue, 5/12 (7:00 pm): Spring Concert (Call Times TBD)
- Thurs, 5/14 (7:00 pm): Chorus Awards Night