Broadway Night 2020 – Fri, 1/31 at 7 pm and Sat, 2/1 at 2 pm & 7 pm
BWN 2020 is less than 2 weeks away!
All Participants & their Parents: Check your email regularly and frequently for updates and important announcements.
We need many volunteers for all three shows in multiple capacities!
Sign up and support us run BWN 2020: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040d4dac0-broadway5
Tickets are on sale!
Purchased them early for discount: Broadway Night 2020 Tickets
Shout Out for your Performer:
Show your support by purchasing Broadway Night Shout Outs, which will be featured in the BWN 2020 program!
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
BWN Celebration & Fundraiser at Silver Diner – Tue, 2/4 (5-8 pm)
Broadway Night – SLHS Chorus will “Run the Diner”! The Silver Diner at Reston will donate us a portion of the night’s sales. So, bring your friends and family and show your support!!!
The 2020 South Lakes Music Jam at Ned Devine’s – Sun, 2/23 (Doors open at 4 pm)
It is a music show case and provides a great opportunity for student musicians (ages 18 and below) to jam like the pros — in a great venue (Ned Devine’s in Herndon) with lots of fun, food and fans!
Chorus Students: This year the event is open to trios, duos, and solo acts, in addition to student bands. So, you have a chance to shine on stage too!
NOTE: The Music Jam is a fundraiser for the South Lakes High School Band Boosters. Proceeds will be used to support the SLHS Band program.
The deadline for application has been extended to Wed, 1/22! Apply now: Take the Stage
Concert Performance Archives
Professional Audio & Video Recordings are posted on our website:
- Fall Concert 2019 will be available soon.
- Winter Concert 2019: Sounds of Peace, Love & Joy
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) Job Openings
The PCA provides both financial and volunteer work support to allow the South Lakes Choral Program to exist as the high quality, well rounded program our students enjoy.
We need parent volunteers to step up and take on the following jobs ASAP:
- We need a parent who can step in and oversee the Membership drives that are already in progress.
- This job can be done completely off-site and on your own timetable, and Juliana will provide full training and support.
Post-Concert Donut Delivery:
- We need a parent who will order, pickup, and deliver donuts to the school in the days following each concert.
- The PCA will cover the cost, but we need someone to handle the work involved.
Please email email@example.com to learn more about either job.
PCA Membership Campaign
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
Membership/Fundraising Goal: Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money:
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update:
- This year we have a new membership level: Family Circle at $75, and supporters at $75 or higher will receive a video link of our singers.
- So far, 11 new Friends & Family members helped us raise $910 this year.
- You can send this link: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/friends to people you know who might be interested in becoming Friends & Family members.
- This week, we will send out letters to the SLHS Alumni and seek their support as well.
- Contact Wendy Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at email@example.com
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS: If you have not turned in any of the required forms (with your signature, if needed,) we need them ASAP! (Hard copies of the forms are available if you need them.)
FEES: If your student has unpaid fees, please make payment through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday Amazon purchases.
- Select PCA as your charity for Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
- Visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
Institute for the Arts (IFTA)
The Institute for the Arts is a summer enrichment program for students currently in grades 6-11 who are interested in performing arts, visual arts, and fashion.
- Health & PE 9 for Rising 9th graders
- Self-Directed Economics & Personal Finances (taking this class during the summer allows students to sign up for more elective during the academic school year)
- Nearly 90 classes in the Arts
Sessions: New this year is a 2-week option. Students may choose to register for either session or both:
- Session 1: July 6-17th
- Session 2: July 20-31st
- 8:30 am – 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Location: Fairfax High School
Registration will be open from 2/3 through 6/16, 2020.
- Students select classes on a first come first serve basis through the registration process.
- They will choose a first and second choice from a Master Schedule.
For more information, visit: FCPS Summer Programs: IFTA
- Fri, 1/31 (7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Sat, 2/1 (2:00 & 7:00 pm): SLHS Broadway Night
- Tue, 2/4 (5:00-8:00 pm): BWN Celebration & Fundraiser at Silver Diner in Reston
- Thurs, 2/6 (6:00 – 9:00 pm): VCDA All State Chorus Auditions, Washington Liberty HS
- Feb. 6-8 (TBA): VCDA All District Chorus, Washington Liberty HS
- Tue, 2/11:
- (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- (7:00 pm): Choir for a Night for Rising 9th graders & any current students
- March 10-14 (TBA): ACDA Regional Honors Choir/Conference, Mobile, AL
- Wed, 3/18 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Thurs, 3/19 (7:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert (Call Time TBD)
- March 26-28 (TBD): VMEA State Assessment (SOL), Edison HS (One date will be assigned to us.)
- April 23-25 (TBA): VMEA/VCDA All State Chorus, Richmond, VA
- Mon, 5/11 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Spring Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Tue, 5/12 (7:00 pm): Spring Concert (Call Times TBD)
- Thurs, 5/14 (7:00 pm): Chorus Awards Night