Excellent Performance at District XII All-District Chorus
BRAVO to the students listed below who performed beautifully at the event this past week!
District XII Treble (SSAA) Choir:
|Ireland DiBacco||Danielle Elliott||Danielle Kessler||Amy McGowan|
|Katelyn Mehlenbeck||Alexa Norris||Leila Zavala|
District XII Mixed (SATB) Choir:
|Rita Ajit||Arnav Batra||Hannah Carter||Bryce Fudge|
|Matthew Guerber||Delia Hartman||Graham Ishaq||Christian McIntyre|
|Audrey Moore||Grace Moore||Alana Riso||Manmeet Singh|
|Aidan Smith||Thalia Tran||Ryan van Hilst||Danielle Yakubisin|
All-Virginia Chorus Audition Result
Congratulations to Delia Hartman and Leila Zavala for being accepted into the 2020 All-Virginia Chorus and to Hannah Carter and Alana Riso for being selected as alternates!
All State Chorus is very competitive. Only the top scoring 2 students for each section for Tenor/Bass and the top scoring 4 students for Soprano/Alto (because there are an All State Treble Choir and an All State Mixed Choir) are accepted with 2 alternates per section.
Parent College Night for Acting & Musical Theatre – Wed, 2/26
Marshall HS Auditorium in Fall Church, VA on Wed, 2/26 from 7:00 to 9:30 pm
This FREE information session is for current Sophomore and Junior students who are considering majoring in Acting and/or Musical Theatre in college as well as for their parents. You can download more information below:
Lost & Found from Broadway Night
Here is a photo album of 30 items found from the Broadway Night performances this weekend: Please look though BWN Lost & Found
Please pick up your items from the chorus room this week. Otherwise they will be donated!!!
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) Job Opening
The PCA provides both financial and volunteer work support to allow the South Lakes Choral Program to exist as the high quality, well rounded program our students enjoy.
We need a parent volunteer to step up and take on the role of PCA Membership Co-Chair as our current Chair, Juliana Carter will continue to co-chair the Broadway Night.
- As the New Membership Chair, you will come in and oversee the Membership drives which are already in progress.
- This job can be done completely off-site and on your own timetable, and Juliana will provide full training and support.
Please email email@example.com ASAP if you are interested.
PCA Membership & Fundraising
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
Membership/Fundraising Goal: Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money:
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update:
- This year we have a new membership level: Family Circle at $75, and supporters at $75 or higher will receive a video link of our singers
- So far, 11 new Friends & Family members helped us raise $910 this year
- You can send this link: https://www.southlakeschorus.org/friends to people you know who might be interested in becoming Friends & Family members
- This past week, we sent out letters to over 400 SLHS Chorus Alumni and their families to seek their support
- Contact Wendy Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at email@example.com
Concert Performance Archives
Professional Audio & Video Recordings are posted on our website:
- Fall Concert 2019 will be made available soon.
- Winter Concert 2019: Sounds of Peace, Love & Joy
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately
FORMS: If you have not turned in any of the required forms,we need them NOW! (Hard copies of the forms are available if you need them.)
FEES: If your student has unpaid fees, please make payment through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday Amazon purchases.
To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
Be sure to visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases (yes, it’s time for Holiday Shopping!) to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
Music Performances at the Center for the Arts, George Mason University
Virginia Opera presents Rossini’s Cinderella
- Saturday February 15 at 8pm
- Sunday February 16 at 2pm
- For $20 Tickets, please use code ROSSINI20 (only for Saturday performance)
- For more information, including Ticket Sales, click here: Virginia Opera
The King’s Singers presents Love Songs
- Friday March 6 at 8pm
- For $15 Tickets please use code LOVE15
- For more information, including Ticket Sales, click here: The King’s Singers
The coupon codes can be used over the phone at 703-993-2787, in person at the Ticket Office, or on their website by clicking the links above.
Spotlight on Broadway featuring Lisa Vroman
Presented by American Festival Pops Orchestra
- Saturday April 4 at 8pm
- For more information, including Ticket Sales, click here: Spotlight on Broadway
Institute for the Arts (IFTA) – Registration Open!
IFTA is a comprehensive arts enrichment and academic program. Students take 4 classes which they choose from among 90 selections. Options include dance, music, theatre, visual art, and fashion classes.
Students entering grade 9 may take the Online Health & PE (HPE9) course and students entering grades 9-12 may take the Self-Directed Economics and Personal Finance course as one of their 4 classes.
Sessions: New this year is a 2-week option. Students may choose to register for either session or both.
- Session 1: July 6-17th
- Session 2: July 20-31st
- 8:30 am – 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Location: Fairfax High School
Registration is OPEN 2/3 – 6/16, 2020: IFTA 2020
The 2020 South Lakes Music Jam at Ned Devine’s – Sun, 2/23 (5-8 pm)
Tickets for the 2020 Take the Stage Music Jam will go on sale at the end of January. They will be available both online and at the door.
This event provides a great opportunity for student musicians (ages 18 and below) to jam like the pros–in a great venue (Ned Devine’s in Herndon) with lots of fun, food and fans! This year trios, duos, and solo acts are welcomed in addition to student bands. (Please note: The deadline for application was Wed, 1/22.)
NOTE: This music show case/fundraiser is sponsored by the SLHS Band Boosters, and the proceeds will be used to support the SLHS Band Program.
- Tue, 2/11:
- (7:00 pm): PCA Meeting in Chorus Room
- (7:00 pm): Choir for a Night for Rising 9th graders & any current students
- March 10-14 (TBA): ACDA Regional Honors Choir/Conference, Mobile, AL
- Wed, 3/18 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Thurs, 3/19 (7:00 pm): Pre-State Assessment Concert (Call Time TBD)
- March 26-28 (TBD): VMEA State Assessment (SOL), Edison HS (One date will be assigned to us.)
- April 23-25 (TBA): VMEA/VCDA All State Chorus, Richmond, VA
- Mon, 5/11 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Spring Concert After-School Rehearsal
- Tue, 5/12 (7:00 pm): Spring Concert (Call Times TBD)
- Thurs, 5/14 (7:00 pm): Chorus Awards Night