Disney Trip – Good Luck on All Your Performances!
- Tuesday, 12/3 (7-8 pm): Luggage Check-in
- Wednesday, 12/4 (Period 3): Report to Cafeteria
- Saturday, 12/7: Please park in terminal A parking and pick up students from Reagan National Airport baggage claim in terminal A on Saturday night, 12/7
- Performance Attire requirements for the Disney Performances:
- Chorus Polo Shirt – We will provide this
- Full Length Black Dress pants
- Boys: their Chorus Concert pants
- Girls: full-length black dress pants (No leggings, athletic wear, or jeans)
- Black Socks
- Closed toe solid black shoes (No sandals, flip flops, sneakers, or athletic shoes)
Questions? Email email@example.com
Is Your Uniform Ready for Winter Concert on12/18?
Correct Concert Attire counts for part of your grade!
Students will be expected to present a professional appearance for every performance.
However, performance attire is more than just wearing the right gown or suit/tuxedo. The clothes you wear have an amazing influence on your state of mind and how your audience responds to your work.
Required Attire for the Winter Concert
Gowns: If you have not gotten necessary alterations done to your gown, please get it done ASAP and no later than 12/15.
- Also, if you have not made payment for gown, please do so through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- Information sheet for Gown Alterations (a list of approved Alterations Services & Specific Instructions) has been provided with the gowns.
- If you need the Info sheet, click here: 2019-2020-Gown-Alterations-Options
Tuxedo (White Dress Shirt, Vest, Tuxedo Pants): If you haven’t tried your new uniforms yet, please do it now. Ties will be provided at concert check-in.
- Check for right size/fit ASAP.
- If there is any issue with your uniform, email firstname.lastname@example.org right way.
- Get your new uniforms Dry Cleaned before your first use (12/18.)
Email Mitsuyo Sprague at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Congratulations on raising $850 at the Photos with Santa!
A Special Thanks to the following students and parents who contributed their time and energy volunteering at the event and raising $850 for the SLHS Chorus on Friday! (Fundraiser sponsored by the PCA)
|Caitlin Quigley||Katelyn Mehlenbeck||Brianna Martin||Abby Jamison|
|Danielle Kessler||Hannah Carter||Violet Sather||Leila Zavala|
|Audrey Moore||Harshini Venkat|
Parent Volunteers (Chaperones): Helen Kessler and Leslie Moore
Parents for Choral Arts (PCA) Job Openings
As you know, the PCA provides both financial and volunteer work support to allow the South Lakes Choral Program to exist as the high quality, well rounded program our students enjoy.
We need parent volunteers to step up and take on the following jobs ASAP:
- Membership Co-Chair: Our current Chair, Juliana Carter, is also the Broadway Night Co-Chair, and she cannot do both jobs simultaneously.
- Therefore, we need someone to come in and oversee the Membership drives which are already in progress.
- This job can be done completely off-site and on your own timetable, and Juliana will provide full training and support.
- Post-concert Donut Delivery:
- We need a parent who will order, pickup, and deliver donuts to the school in the days following each concert.
- The PCA will cover the cost, but we need someone to handle the work involved.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about either job.
Also, please mention Friends and Family memberships to family members over the Thanksgiving Holiday. They can join online at Friends & Family!
PCA Membership Campaign
Parents for Choral Arts is a 501(C)(3) non-profit booster organization supporting the South Lakes High School Choral Department. Federal Tax ID: 26-3487105
Have you joined the PCA this year? If you haven’t, ACT NOW and Click Join PCA!
We only need 21 more members at the $30 level to hit our goal!
Membership/Fundraising Goal: Our overall goal for fundraising is $25,000 for the year. Here are three ways we can raise money!
- Parent/Guardian PCA Membership GOAL = $8,000 Join PCA
- Friends & Family (plus Alumni) Fundraising GOAL = $7,000 Friends & Family
- Corporate Sponsorships GOAL = $10,000 Corporate Sponsors
Friends and Family (F&F) Campaign Update: Thank you for your participation in the Friends and Family fundraiser for Parents for the Choral Arts (PCA).
Your letters and emails will make a huge impact on our ability to meet our goal of raising $7,000 this year for the programs.
- Hard copies of letters are available in Mrs. G’s room.
- Electronic copies of the email and attachment can be found on Google classroom. (An email with a “refresher” of the instructions was sent out to you earlier today.)
Urgent Need for Membership Co-Chair: As mentioned above, we need someone to come in and oversee the Membership drives which are already in progress.
If you have any questions or are able to further help with our membership/fundraising campaign, please email Juliana Carter at email@example.com
Broadway Night 2020
Most updates and important announcements will be sent to those participating as separate emails and not through the weekly Notations.
If you have any questions or are looking to take on an active volunteer role this year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Chorus Forms & Fees – Due Immediately!
FORMS: If you have received email(s)that your student’s forms are still missing (including missing page and/or missing parental signature,) please turn them in, with your signature if needed) ASAP.
Hard copies of the forms are available for those who need them.
FEES: If your student has unpaid fees, please make payment through MySchoolBucks ASAP.
- South Lakes HS Chorus Course Materials Fee: $160 for All Students
- Choir Gown Fee: One-time payment of $75 for All New Students and those returning students who need a replacement
Important Information about Fees:
f you receive free/reduced lunch AND have submitted the Consent to Share Form, the county will waive and pay your course and/or uniform fees. See Consent-to-Share-Info for details.
If you are not receiving free/reduced lunch but would like to budget Course Fee payment or Gown payment, you can complete Chorus Financial Aid/Payment Plan Form
If you have any questions and/or concerns about these fees, please contact Mrs. Gigliotti at email@example.com
Photos from the Fall Concert 2019
Many Thanks to Mrs. Jessica Wallach (her daughter is a member of Seahawk Chorale) for taking many great photos: SLHS Chorus Fall Concert 2019 Photos
You can download them all here: Greater Depth Media Downloads
These are web-ready, particularly prepared for Facebook. In posting on social media, please use the following photo credit Jessica Wallach/Greater Depth Media.
Support South Lakes Chorus through Amazon Smile!
Parents for Choral Arts is a registered non-profit with Amazon Smile! You can support the South Lakes Chorus with your everyday Amazon purchases.
To select us as your charity for Amazon Smile, click here: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3487105.
Be sure to visit Amazon Smile for all your purchases (yes, it’s time for Holiday Shopping!) to keep donating to the South Lakes Chorus!
A Cappella Info
View the constitution so students can understand what the groups require for attendance and participation: SLHS A Cappella Groups Constitution
- Tue, 12/3 (7:00 – 8:00 pm): Luggage Check-in
- Wed, 12/4 (Period 3): Report to Cafeteria
- Sat, 12/7 (Evening): Students to be picked up from Reagan National Airport
- Please park in terminal A parking
- Pick up students from the baggage claim in terminal A
- Mon, 12/16 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Tue, 12/17 (3:00 – 6:00 pm): Winter Concert Rehearsal (Call Times TBD)
- Wed, 12/18 (7:00 pm): Winter Concert (parent volunteers provided by Chamber Singers)