As the new school year approaches, we want to keep you informed of the choral department calendar and activities. The up coming events you need to know about include:
8/29/2014, 4:00 PM: SLHS Block Party – Visit the Chorus Booth!
9/10/2014, 2:20 PM: Department Meeting – All Chorus Students
9/18/2014, 6:00 PM: Back-To-Chorus Night – Required Parent/Student Event.
- 6:00 – 7:30: Forms, Fees Turn-In
- 7:30 – 8:15: Meeting
11/15/2014: Community Fund Drive – Required Student Event.
Please take a moment to read the following information about the department:
- Mrs. Gigliotti’s Welcome Letter
- Back to Chorus Night Details
- Choral Department FAQs
- Description of Chorus and Uniform Fees 2014-15. These fees can be waived for those eligible for free and reduced-price lunch. This form is used to request a waiver of activity fees: Activity Fee Waiver Form (coming soon).
- Student Handbook 2014
- New this year, the Choral department will be using the Remind101 texting service for communicating with students and parents.
This year is packed with important dates. Check out the calendar here:
- South Lakes Chorus Calendar (Combined Men’s, Womens, Advanced)
- Men’s & Women’s Choirs Calendar
- Advanced Choirs Calendar
The following Back-to-Chorus Packet forms are required to be completed and will be collected at the Back-To-Chorus Night meeting. To make this go more smoothly, please fill them out in advance:
- Volunteer Opportunities – Please help us plan for the year and consider your volunteering abilities for next year.
- FCPS Emergency Care Form – This form must be provided separately for Chorus.
- FCPS Extra Curricular Participation Policy And Acknowledgement Form 2014-2015.
- FCPS Driver/Vehicle Authorization Form for various field trips. If parents or students plan on driving for any events in the coming year, complete one driver form for the year for each driver.
- Over-the-Counter Medication Form – This form must be notarized. A notary will be at Back-to-Chorus night.
- Student Information Policies and Release Form. New chorus students only. For returning students, we will use the form on file from last year.
- Student T-Shirt Form – Included in Activity Fee. Complete this form Online. No need to print for Back-To-Chorus Night.
- PCA’s Membership Letter and Form.
- Community Fund Drive
- Information (coming soon)
- Permission Slip (Updated 9/21/2014)
- Parent Driver Sign Up (online form coming soon).
See you at Back-to-Chorus Night!